Rank: Administrator IV
Search Number: S21-003
Job Posted: 6/23/2021
Southern Connecticut State University is seeking a dynamic individual for the position Programmer Specialist within the Office of Information Technology. As an intentionally diverse and student-centered university, Southern is committed to academic excellence, access, social justice, and service for the public good. Founded as a teachers’ college in 1893, Southern has evolved over the past century into a comprehensive university offering 114 graduate and undergraduate programs in the liberal arts and professional disciplines. It is one of four universities in the Connecticut State Colleges and Universities System. The University is located in New Haven, a city rich with arts and culture, and less than 90 miles from New York City and 140 miles from Boston.
The Programmer Specialist independently analyzes, designs, programs, tests, and performs overall development of new and future systems as required by the University under the direction of the Director or designee. Coordinates and maintains computer systems for administrative areas. May act as a project leader in the development phase were required.
- Able to apply creative thinking/proactively anticipates outcomes.
- Analyzes systems, designs and writes computer programs independently; documents requirements and specifications, and implements new and future systems.
- May act as project leader/supervise programmers.
- Coordinates operations and programs for existing systems in various administrative areas.
- Coordinates, maintains supports University interfaces, files, reports, and/or any other reporting mechanisms as needed.
- Develops and implements web applications. Supports existing and purchased systems.
- Expert in relevant products.
- Produces special reports requested by administrative offices.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities related to those enumerated above which do not alter the basic level of responsibility of the position.
For full consideration, please submit a letter of application, resume, and 3 professional references with contact information by July 17, 2021. Send electronic materials to John Garbutt at email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and the positions will remain open until filled. Review of applications will begin immediately and the positions will remain open until filled.
Southern Connecticut State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The University seeks to enhance the diversity of its faculty and staff. People of color, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.