Southern Connecticut State University
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Associate
Search Number: MC 21-006
Southern Connecticut State University is seeking a Diversity Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Associate to assist the newly created Division for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to advance Southern’s vision to becoming a Social Justice and Anti-Racist University. Under the general direction of the Director of Diversity and Equity Programs, DEI Associate will utilize industry diversity databases and internal metrics to produce timely and accurate data reports and analyses as requested, which includes developing visual presentations and quarterly trend updates. The Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Associate will also complete industry surveys and client requests for information, including data entry and detailed narrative responses, and provide data support for diversity recruiting and retention efforts, to include tracking candidates, running hiring and retention reports and monitoring key DEI metrics.
Bachelor’s degree in Sociology, Business or relevant field required. Two years paraprofessional experience working in Human Resources or supporting an Equal Opportunity or Affirmative Action program required. Experience in dealing with and resolving student complaints in the areas of multicultural affairs, diversity, and equity and inclusion required. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with colleagues; excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to develop and edit complex statistical reports required. Ability to use standard business software required. Demonstrated understanding of Excel and ability to build and maintain spreadsheets, utilize pivot tables and advanced formulas. Higher Ed experience preferred. An equivalent combination of credentials and/or experience may also be considered.
- Monitor, analyze and prepare reports for various Federal/State agencies, including but not limited to, Affirmative Action Plans (AAP), Equal Opportunity Reports (EEO), and Bureau of Labor & Statistics and industry surveys.
- Provides technical assistance to the Office of Diversity and Equity Programs including writing, editing, collecting, and analyzing data for the preparation of the university’s annual Affirmative Action Plan ensuring compliance with federal and state equal employment opportunity laws, regulations and guidelines.
- Prepares and assists with analyzing statistical reports on university hiring, promotions, separations, and other information as needed.
- Build and maintain complex spreadsheets in Excel, utilizing pivot tables and advanced formulas.
- Develop and build a database on diversity and inclusion metrics; Monitor metrics for evaluating the effectiveness of strategies, training, and programming offered by the ODE.
- Create critical and time sensitive reports and presentations that communicate the progress and compliance of the company’s diversity commitments and initiatives.
- Become familiar with existing institutional databases, dashboard, and reports to extract on-demand and ad-hoc data for the Director and VP of DEI.
- Maintain Department’s internal intranet and external website landing pages.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
For full consideration, please submit a letter of application, resume, and 3 professional references with contact information by July 23, 2021. Send electronic materials to Paula Rice at email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled.