Search No.: S19-038
Job Posted: January 21, 2020
Rank: Administrator V
Southern Connecticut State University is seeking an energetic and dynamic individual for the position of Customer Support Center Manager. Southern Connecticut State University is a diverse and student-centered university dedicated to academic excellence, access, and service for the public good. Southern provides a supportive and welcoming environment for all members of its community through a campus wide commitment to social justice. Founded as a teacher’s college in 1893, Southern has evolved over the past century into a comprehensive public university of more than 10,000 students, offering graduate and undergraduate programs in the liberal arts and professional disciplines. It is one of four universities in the Connecticut State Colleges and Universities System. The University is located in New Haven, a city rich with arts and culture, and less than 90 miles from New York City and 140 miles from Boston
Reporting to the Director of Support Services, the Customer Support Center Manager is responsible for establishing, planning, and managing centralized help and user support services in the Information Technology Department. This includes the help desk, communications, scheduling and training functions for university-wide IT at service levels 1 and 2.
- Supervises help desk and assigned user support staff including technical support engineers.
- Provides strategic direction and planning to ensure the user services area, along with other IT areas, coordinate and respond to user issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Manages the University’s help and ticketing systems, knowledge bases, and other systems as assigned.
- Provides academic/administrative computer support to students, staff, faculty, and university departments.
- Assists in evaluation and ordering of software; orders hardware; installs hardware and software in accordance with institutional policies and supervisor’s direction.
- Employs consistent quality standards when implementing products and services in IT including documentation, training, and scheduling.
- Develops and coordinates with university departments, approaches to user support, dispatching, and problem resolution.
- Develops, with university departments, quality measurement and reporting along with service level agreements.
- Ensures that dispatching of IT resources is communicated in a timely manner and that adequate follow-up is completed.
- Develops hardware and software documentation to support general purpose computing needs.
- Trains and supervises professional staff, university assistants, and student workers.
- May coordinate and/or supervise contracted service support.
- Develops processes and procedures for customer support services across IT.
- May work evenings or weekend hours.
- Performs other duties related to those enumerated above which do not alter the basic level of the responsibility of the position.
Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred. Five years of IT related experience is required, with at least two years of help desk and two years of supervision/management. Working knowledge of several of the following is also required: multimedia systems, Windows, UNIX, Mac platforms, and experience which includes diagnosis, repair, and installation of computers and associated software, and interaction with computer users regarding similar issues. Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills. These qualifications may be waived for individuals with appropriate alternate experience.
Southern Connecticut State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The University seeks to enhance the diversity of its faculty and staff. People of color, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.