This is a temporary, part-time position (15 hours per week at $20/hour) which may be renewed at the discretion of the University.
The Department of Communication Disorders offers a Bachelor of Science degree in Communication Disorders and a Master of Science degree in Speech-Language Pathology. The Department educates between 175 and 215 undergraduate students and clinically-trains approximately 45 full-time graduate students per year. Undergraduate students are responsible for obtaining clinical observation hours, many of which are obtained in our on-site clinic. Each of the 45 graduate students rotates through a six-semester academic and clinical program.
The on-site clinic serves approximately 120 clients in the New Haven and surrounding communities with critical diagnostic and therapeutic intervention care related to developmental and acquired communication disorders. The Clinic Services program consists of the Southern Connecticut Audiology program, Center for Communication Disorders and Access Network.
The billing and scheduling assistant will, under the direction of the Director of Clinical Education, assist in guiding the graduate student workers, billing, record keeping, managing calendars, and providing administrative and coordination support to the Clinic faculty. The position will be paid with the clinic funds.
- Manage memos, letters, faxes, and forms
- Assist on maintaining student and client records electronically
- Maintain client contact lists and monitor relevant Teams pages
- Answer phone calls relating to clinic operations
- Assist in compiling billing reports
- Work with graduate assistants to generate invoices and manage accounts payable
- Work with graduate assistants to manage scheduling of appointments
- Assist in maintaining inventory of clinic protocols
- Assist clinical instructors with paperwork
- 1-2 years’ experience as an administrative assistant
- Excellent computer skills (excel, word etc)
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong organizational skills
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Please send your resume to Sujini Ramachandar at firstname.lastname@example.org.