Posted: November 10, 2021
Level: Executive 1
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week
Search #: MC21-008
Closing Date: Applications due by 5:00pm (EST) on Thursday, December 2, 2021
Location: Southern Connecticut State University
Department: Finance and Administration
Located in historic New Haven, a city rich in art and culture, Southern Connecticut State University (“Southern”) is a diverse and student-centered university dedicated to academic excellence, access, and service for the public good. Southern provides a supportive and welcoming environment for all members of its community through a campus-wide commitment to social justice. Southern was founded as a teacher’s college in 1893 and has evolved over the past century into a comprehensive public university of more than 10,000 students, offering graduate and undergraduate programs in the liberal arts and professional disciplines. It is one of four universities in the Connecticut State Colleges and Universities System. It is located less than three miles from downtown New Haven, with easy access to New York and Boston.
The Associate Vice-President for Capital Budgeting and Facilities Operations is responsible for providing general management, supervision, and professional direction to a comprehensive facilities operation that provides facilities planning, space administration, architectural, and engineering; construction management; environmental health and safety; facilities maintenance and repair; renovations; utilities generation and distribution; custodial, landscape and other maintenance services to the University. In addition, the incumbent is responsible for developing the University’s biennial capital budget and five year facilities plan. The Associate Vice-President reports to the Executive Vice-President for Finance and Administration.
Examples of Job Duties:
- Prepares the University’s capital budget and update of the five-year facilities plan in accordance with CSU guidelines and procedures.
- Supervises the staff of Facilities Operations.
- Monitors the implementation of all construction work at the University. Supervises personnel responsible for campus construction projects, contractor compliance, set-aside programs, Small Business requirements, contractor claims and lawsuits.
- Supervises the development of plans and specifications for alterations and renovation projects managed by university staff.
- Serves as a liaison with the Department of Public Works, CSU System, and local governmental agencies on all matters concerning facility operations and facility planning.
- Assists in the development and implementation of the University’s Master Plan
- Supervises the development and coordination of the campus safety program (fire safety, compliance with OSHA and EPA regulations).
- Performs other duties and responsibilities related to those enumerated above which do not alter the basic level of responsibility of the position.
A Master’s Degree in an appropriate field, with a professional engineering and/or architecture license is highly desirable. Minimum of five years of senior management experience in facilities management, administration, and planning. This experience in a college or university setting is highly desirable. Demonstrated ability to provide organizational development and supervise a large diverse staff. Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Applicants should submit their resume and a letter of application electronically by 5:00pm (EST) on Thursday, December 2, 2021, to Melitha Przygoda, firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.
ANTICIPATED STARTING DATE: December 2021
Southern Connecticut State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer. The University seeks to enhance the diversity of its faculty and staff. People of color, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.