Assistant Director of External Relations
Rank: Admin IV
Search Number: S21-023
Southern Connecticut State University’s School of Business seeks a dynamic, collaborative individual to be our next Assistant Director of External Relations. As an intentionally diverse and student-centered university, Southern is committed to academic excellence, access, social justice, and service for the public good. Founded as a teachers’ college in 1893, Southern has evolved over the past century into a comprehensive university offering 114 graduate and undergraduate programs in the liberal arts and professional disciplines. It is one of four universities in the Connecticut State Colleges and Universities System. The University is located in New Haven, a city rich with arts and culture, and less than 90 miles from New York City and 140 miles from Boston.
Under the direction of the Dean of the School of Business, the Assistant Director’s duties include overseeing connections between the School of Business and the external business community. This includes producing materials and reports, supporting events, and overseeing the activities of the Business Success Center. This position is based in New Haven, CT.
- Maintains relations with the external business community including the Business Advisory Council on behalf of the Dean and the faculty, staff, students and alumni of the School of Business.
- Oversees the Business Success Center and its professional development programming for students.
- Serves as the School of Business social media specialist, providing the School with services necessary for maintaining and developing internal and external communications and the public information posted on the School’s social media platforms.
- In partnership with the Dean and the department of Integrated Communications and Marketing (ICM), defines and executes social media strategies. Responsible for generating relevant content while tracking metrics and analyzing trends.
- Supports the Dean in his/her external activities, including the capital campaign for the new School of Business building.
- Oversees specialized programming such as the Women’s Mentoring Program, Public Utilities Management Program, and others as appropriate.
- Plans and executes the social component of the School’s marketing campaigns.
- Supervise full and part time staff.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities related to those described above which do not alter the basic level of responsibility of the position.
Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred. A minimum of four years of professional experience with social media platforms; some higher education experience a plus. Must be informed about cultural trends and be able to respond quickly and efficiently in the development of related productions. Must have the ability to create content in a variety of Executions. Must have strong communication and collaborative skills. These qualifications may be waived for individuals with appropriate alternate experience.
For full consideration, please submit a letter of application, resume, and 3 professional references with contact information by November 29, 2021. Send electronic materials to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled.
Southern Connecticut State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The University seeks to enhance the diversity of its faculty and staff. People of color, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.