Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialization(s): Acute and Primary Care Nursing, Nursing Education
Search Number: 22-012
Located in historic New Haven, a city rich in art and culture, Southern Connecticut State University is a diverse and student-centered university dedicated to academic excellence, access, and service for the public good. Southern provides a supportive and welcoming environment for all members of its community through a campus-wide commitment to social justice. SCSU is an innovative, student-centric university, located less than three miles from downtown New Haven, with easy access to New York and Boston.
School of Nursing
Southern Connecticut State University invites applications for a tenure track position in the School of Nursing to begin August 2022. The vision of the School of Nursing at Southern Connecticut State University is to be a center of excellence and innovation in nursing education. Our mission is to prepare nursing graduates to practice, educate, and lead within an evolving, complex world. This is accomplished by: (a) discovering and applying the science of nursing and related disciplines in the pursuit of excellence and innovation, through scholarship and lifelong learning; (b) preparing graduates to incorporate professional standards to provide safe, evidence-based and compassionate care of the highest quality to diverse populations; and (c) providing the foundation for students to develop professionally in order to optimize their contributions within the context of inter-professional practice.
Brief Description of Duties/Responsibilities
Ability to teach across the curriculum with specialization preference in acute/primary care nursing and/or in nursing education. Credit towards teaching load can be earned through teaching courses at the undergraduate and graduate level, direct and indirect clinical supervision, laboratory instruction, and through thesis/special project/dissertation advisement. In addition to classroom and clinical teaching responsibilities, faculty are expected to engage in scholarship/creative activity, service, and student advisement.
- Master of science (MSN) or doctoral degree in Nursing; If MSN prepared, requires substantial progress towards the doctorate with anticipated completion within one year.
- State of Connecticut RN license (or eligible);
- Evidence of student-centered teaching effectiveness in the discipline of nursing at the college or university level;
- Ability to engage in meaningful scholarship/creative activity of relevance to nursing practice and/or nursing education;
- Demonstrated experience and effectiveness in working with diverse populations.
- Teaching experience at the baccalaureate or graduate level (MSN or Doctorate)
- Expertise and/or certification in online teaching
- Recent practice as an RN, APRN or academic nurse educator
- Nursing practice or nursing education certification(s)
- Experience in use of simulation (high or low fidelity and/or standardized patients)
- Research doctorate (either Ph.D. or Ed.D.)
- Evidence of excellent writing and/or editing skills
- Evidence of scholarship
- Evidence of leadership
Please submit electronically a letter of interest, current curriculum vita, official graduate transcripts and three letters of recommendation to: Nursing Search Committee Chair at NURsearch1@southernct.edu. The letter of interest must address the candidate’s ability to effectively fulfill the job requirements for this position and describe area(s) of expertise. In order for your application to be given full consideration, all materials must be received by December 30, 2021. The position will remain open until filled.
SCSU is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer. The University seeks to enhance the diversity of its faculty and staff. People of color, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.