- Review course offering at the institution of choice after meeting with your advisor
- Discuss financial aid eligibility with Financial Aid Office if necessary
- Complete the Transfer Credit Request (Undergraduate) form
- Have the SCSU department representative sign the form if required (would be notated on the form)
- Submit the form to the Registrar’s office located in the Wintergreen Building
- Wait for the Registrar’s office to approve course
- If approved, register and pay for the course at the institution of choice
- Do well in the course
- Request that the institution of choice send your transcript to SCSU’s Registrar’s Office once your grade is posted (choosing to not send a transcript can disqualify you from acceptance to the nursing program, as it would be falsifying your application)
- Check your SCSU unofficial transcript to see that your course transfer was processed and contact the Registrar’s Office if it was not - within a reasonable length of time
*Although transfer credits are not computed into your SCSU CUM GPA, SCSU’s Nursing Department will compute them into your CUM GPA for your nursing application.
**If you need to repeat a nursing prerequisite course, you should consider SCSU’s Grade Replacement option. The course would need to be repeated at SCSU for this option. Speak to your advisor for more information!