Students are required to attend an advisement meeting prior to registration each semester. Advisement meetings will fluctuate between group information sessions and individual appointments depending on the semester. Students should pay attention to their SCSU email accounts for detailed advisement instructions approximately one month after the semester begins.
Students declared with a major in Healthcare Studies have access to a comprehensive advisement organization within Blackboard (How To Find the HLS Advisement Org in Blackboard). However, the page below provides the most frequently used information and helpful links from the Blackboard org.
- Degree Evaluation Instructions
- Healthcare Studies Worksheet (students interested in nursing should use the worksheet located on the BSN Application Support)
- How To Search for LEP and W Requirements
- How To Download Microsoft Teams
- How to change my major, change my concentration, or add a minor
- How to Register for Classes
Frequently Asked Questions
Taking Courses at the CT Community Colleges
Students who would like to take required courses at their local CT Community College will need to complete a few steps. See below for important information.
- Transfer Credit and Approval Information
- Financial Aid Consortium Agreement (For those taking a course during a regular fall/spring semester at a CT Community College while also taking courses at SCSU)
Nursing Information and Resources
- Nursing Department - BSN Application Support: Resource page was designed to support any student interested in applying to the traditional Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree.