Effective April 4, 2022, COVID protocols will be shifting from a pandemic response to disease prevention. Southern will move to a mask-optional protocol. Vaccination and testing will no longer be required.
Campus COVID-19 Protocols
- The mask mandate will come to an end and we will shift to a “mask-optional” protocol. However, we fully support and expect all employees and students to respect those who choose to continue wearing masks. COVID Coordinators will continue to make masks available for employees and students who want them. Please note: no employee has the authority to ask or require the use of masks by others.
- Physical distancing restrictions have been removed in areas such as lounges, cafeterias, conference rooms, and other non-academic setting. However, in most instances, current classroom arrangements will remain as set for the remainder of the semester.
Please complete the Self-Reporting form if you are COVID positive or have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive.
- Weekly testing of unvaccinated employees and students and individual case contact tracing have ended.
- Antigen tests are available from COVID Coordinators for those who are concerned about their potential exposure to the virus and would like access to a rapid test.
- Employees and students should continue to self-monitor their health and stay home whenever they have COVID-like symptoms and follow current CDC guidance on quarantine and isolation.
- Employees and students who test positive should continue to Self-Report.
- Vaccines are no longer mandated for students or employees beginning with the summer semester. However, individuals are encouraged to be vaccinated and to get booster shots.
Weekly vaccination clinics (ages 12 and up) – which are open to the public as well as to members of our campus community – will be held Thursday and Friday afternoons by Griffin Health, from noon to 6 p.m. at the Schwartz Hall Programming Space, 320 Fitch Street.
For more information, contact:
- COVID-19 Coordinator: Erin Duff, MPH firstname.lastname@example.org or (203) 392-8626
- Contact Tracing: Melissa Lopez, RN, BSN, MPH email@example.com or (203) 392-6310
- Dean of Students Office, firstname.lastname@example.org or (203) 392-5556
- Office of Human Resources, email@example.com or (203) 392-5567