March 23, 2020
Welcome back from Spring Break! Many of you have inquired about services within the Academic Success Center and we wanted to share how you can get the academic support you need in the coming weeks.
We have worked diligently to get all tutoring, PALS, and Academic Success Coaching virtual. Below are the basic details that we would like you to know.
- Please visit https://inside.southernct.edu/academic-success-center for all information.
- We will have a Live Chat feature available for questions during all hours we are open. We will continue to monitor the main Academic Success Center email email@example.com and phone (203-392-8967). Please use any method to reach out to us in order to get your questions answered.
- All services will begin this Monday March 23rd.
- Online hours will be the same:
Monday – Wednesday 8:00am-9:00pm
- The schedule for offerings will also remain the same. For example, if chemistry tutoring has been offered on Tuesday from 4-6 and Wednesday from 12-3, those will be the same times the tutor would be available providing online support.
SSC Navigate will continue to be our primary tool to make appointments. Below are a few highlights of the changes that online delivery will require. For much more information, please visit our website.
- Microsoft Teams will be the primary tool we are using to deliver academic support. If you are not familiar with it, please visit our website.
- All Math services will be converted to one/one appointments and can be made on SSC Navigate. There will be no drop in services during this time.
- You will now need to sign-up for a PALS session through SSC Navigate. This will continue to be group specific and multiple students (with no limit) can sign up for a session. It is important that students sign up for a session so the PAL knows who to invite to the session through Microsoft Teams.
- Students who need support for courses that we do not currently offer support for will need to email the main academic success center email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will work to find them the help.
Please feel free to reach out if you have questions and to let us know what your needs are so we can find a way to academically support you during the spring semester.
The Academic Success Center Team