March 23, 2020
As we all begin this unique experience of taking our semester online, it is ESSENTIAL that you work with your assigned academic advisor to plan for Fall Course Registration. Your assigned academic advisor will contact you this week (if they haven’t already) to explain how they will support you in your academic planning. Some advisors might offer to hold appointments via phone or video-conferencing (Webex, Zoom, Teams) other may work with you via email.
If you have not been contacted by your assigned advisor by March 30, you should reach out to them via email. Your advisor is listed on your degree evaluation with a hyperlink to their email address. If your advisor is not listed, email your department chairperson to ask (contact information can be found on the SCSU website and Southern’s online directory).
It is expected that you will work with your assigned advisor as you make plans for course registration. To reduce barriers and facilitate the ease of fall course registration, we have removed the requirement for an “registration PIN” for Fall 2020 courses registration only. You will be able to register without a pin on your Priority Registration Date, which is based on your class standing/earned credits. Students who are athletes, in the Honors College, registered with DRC or members of SEOP with fewer than 60 credits will receive a separate email with information on how you will register for courses.
The Department of Academic Advising is here to provide virtual advising support! We will be offering a full range of services through our Academic Advising Centers (AACs), including but not limited to support for students who are experiencing challenges that are impacting their academic success, struggling in current major(s) and/or exploring majors, and who need help navigating University curriculum, policy and/or procedure. Click here to visit the Academic Advising Department website for more information,
THINGS TO DO NOW AS YOU PLAN FOR FALL 2020 REGISTRATION:
- Visit your major’s Department website for information about your major https://www.southernct.edu/academics.
- Determine what courses are required in your program of study using:
* Academic Maps for your major http://catalog.southernct.edu/academic-maps/
* Your Degree Evaluation https://inside.southernct.edu/onestop/degree-evaluation
- Use the course schedule to select potential courses/section https://inside.southernct.edu/onestop/academics/registrationz.
- Develop a list of questions about your academic plans that you would like to discuss with your advisor.
Best wished as you move into this new learning environment!
The Academic Advising Team