Effective March 10, 2020
The Connecticut State Colleges and Universities (CSCU) system has placed a freeze on all institutionally-sponsored travel outside of Connecticut until further notice. Any requested exceptions must be approved by President Bertolino and the CSCU Chief of Staff.
In cases where SCSU faculty and staff have already submitted Travel Authorizations which encumber university funds for travel outside of Connecticut, please handle TAs accordingly for reimbursement of any out-of-pocket expenses:
Next Steps for the Traveler:
- Pursue reimbursement of any pre-paid registration fees with sponsor (e.g., conference organizer, professional association)
- Pursue reimbursement of any pre-paid travel expenses with provider (e.g., airline, hotel)
- If the sponsor or provider does not reimburse pre-paid fees or expenses, the university will reimburse upon receipt of the following in the Office of Academic Affairs:
- original registration and/or travel receipts
- documentation of refusal of sponsor and/or provider to reimburse
No replacement travel funds can be made available.
If you choose to pursue personal travel outside of the state of Connecticut, you are asked to share basic information about your travel plans to keep our campus safe and healthy for all.
The CSCU system is requiring anyone returning from a location with a level 2 or higher Centers for Disease Control (CDC) warning due to the spread of the COVID-19 virus to self-quarantine for 14 days before returning to campus.
Ilene Crawford, PhD
Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs
Southern Connecticut State University