January 22, 2021
Welcome back, Students!
Here’s a brief reminder of what’s open when on campus, and what’s available virtually, until on-ground classes and services start up on Feb. 1:
- For commuter students who need an alternative learning environment next week for virtual classes, the Adanti Student Center’s computer labs and meeting spaces will be open, following all COVID-19 health protocols, 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday and 10:45 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. Saturday (closed Sunday).
- The University Bookstore, on the lower level of the student center, will be open 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday to Friday next week and 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday (the last day to return fall rentals).
- All other campus programs and services will be offered virtually during the week of Jan. 26. Offices such as Residence Life, Student Accounts, Financial Aid and Scholarships, the Registrar and University Card Office, which students typically frequent at the beginning of the semester will be available through online services, including Live Chat, at www.southerntct.edu (Please don’t visit campus offices for assistance before Feb. 1, as they will not be open).
- Additionally, all the areas that support your learning, including Buley Library, the Disability Resource Center, the Academic Success Center and Counseling Services, will also be available virtually only.
- The traditional Week of Welcome (WOW), will offer virtual programs throughout the week – you’ll find the schedule at: https://owlconnect.southernct.edu/organization/wow. This is a great opportunity to reconnect with old friends and make some new ones!
- Take-out food service for residential students only is available in Connecticut Hall – opening hours can be viewed here.
Please visit our Reopening 2021 website for more information about the start of the spring semester. If you have additional questions, you can submit them here. For questions about the coronavirus or our health and safety protocols, please reach out to the COVID coordinator at email@example.com and we will respond to you as quickly as possible.
We look forward to welcoming you to campus for a safe, productive, and enjoyable spring semester!
Dean of Students