May 13, 2020
The University has established a process whereby students with extenuating circumstances can present an appeal seeking to opt-in to the Pass-Fail grade option past the May 1 deadline. Before making this irreversible decision, students should consult the Pass-Fail Option website.
Students who submit an appeal will need to provide an explanation of the extenuating circumstances that resulted in their not submitting a Pass-Fail contract by the May 1 deadline. Examples of extenuating circumstances that meet the appeal requirements are:
- I (or someone I care for) was ill at the time of the May 1 deadline and I was unable to submit a pass-fail contract.
- I (or someone I care for) have become ill since the May 1 deadline which has impacted my performance in class and I am now seeking to submit a pass-fail contract.
- I am a frontline employee which has impacted my performance in class since the May 1 deadline and I am now seeking to submit a pass-fail contract.
The Appeal Process is as follows:
- Student must complete both pages of the Pass-Fail Appeal form (undergraduate form; graduate form) and submit the contract to the Dean’s office for your major by 11:59 p.m. on May 19, 2020. (see contact list below).
- If approved, Dean’s Office submits contracts to Registrar@southernct.edu, including the student on the approval email, by 11:59 p.m. on May 21, 2020
- If denied, Dean’s Office will notify students via email by 11:59 p.m. May 22, 2020.
DEAN’S OFFICE CONTACT: If your major is in…
College of Arts and Sciences, submit to:
Melissa Taylor, Administrative Assistant to the Dean at Taylorm5@southernct.edu
College of Health and Human Services, submit to:
Alisa St. Georges, Administrative Assistant to the Dean at StGeorgesA1@SouthernCT.edu
College of Education, submit to:
Office of the Dean at SchoolofEducation@SouthernCT.edu
School of Business, submit to:
Joan Demorro, Administrative Assistant to the Dean at DemorroJ1@SouthernCT.edu
If you are an Exploratory major, submit to:
Department of Academic Advising at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Registrar’s Office