POSITION TITLE: Director, Center for Teaching and Learning
DEPARTMENT: Division of Academic Affairs, College of Education
SUPERVISOR: Dean, College of Education
DURATION: AY2021-24 (renewable every 3 years)
Reporting to the Dean of Education, the Director of the Center for Teaching and Learning holds responsibility for developing and overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Center. The Director is a SCSU faculty member who has joint responsibility in an academic department and the Center. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and operationalize a collaborative vision for the Center’s establishment and future direction and priorities that are aligned with the goals approved by the BOR.
- Establish and chair an internal steering committee that reaches out to relevant university departments and units
- Coordinate existing and new educational initiatives within the proposed mission of the Center
- Work closely with existing affine centers or offices internally and externally for mutually beneficial projects that can coordinate external funding through state, federal or private funding streams
- Develop and chair an external advisory board to develop community partners, donors and advocates of the work of the center.
- 6cr hours of reassigned time per semester
- Additional compensation in the summer
- Option of 12-month contract
Please submit a recent resume and a letter of application (no more than 2 pages) that outline experiences relevant to the specific responsibilities of the job description. Submit these documents as one PDF to the Dean of Education via email (email@example.com) by October 20th 2021.